Chicory believes food should never feel like a chore. We build seamless digital tools that take care of fussy food problems like list-making and aisle-searching. Our path to purchase grocery platform makes recipes shoppable and helps brands reach consumers through innovative solutions. Today, Chicory’s shoppable recipe network reaches over 35 Million MUVs. Partners include leading publishers like Time Inc. and over 800 top recipe bloggers like Sally’s Baking Addiction and Half Baked Harvest. Through this platform, Chicory understands consumer grocery purchase habits, preferences and intent in real time. As such, Chicory has become a leading provider in marketing and advertising solutions for leading food brands. Clients include Mondelez, ConAgra and Chobani. For more about Chicory and our solutions, visit chicory.co.
About The Role
This is a high-intensity account executive role at a startup. As an early-stage employee, you will be working closely with the founders and Sales department in a small team setting.
Within Chicory you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process from cold-calling and deck-making to closing deals and signing IOs. Of course, you will also have support from the rest of the team.
Because our technology has many applications, you will be encouraged to come up with new, innovative solutions and products for our clients.
With success, you will ultimately be managing within the sales organization as we grow our team and drive Chicory to be the go-to solution for food and grocery.
- Create a comprehensive sales strategy to reach goals
- Prospect for clients, pitch new business and generate sales
- Hit or exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets
- Create long-lasting relationships with agencies and clients
- Work alongside other account executives to close deals
- 5-10 years in digital/online media sales experience
- Comprehensive understanding of ad-tech landscape
- Ability to come up with a detailed sales strategy (setting targets for emails, cold calls, leads generated, etc.)
- Ability to maintain own work-flow and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of and experience with selling digital media campaigns
- Experience in account management and work to creating client presentations
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex, six-figure insertion orders
- Ability to understand complex technologies and convey it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Contacts in Food/CPG is a plus
- Rolodex of CPG (brand-direct and agency) contacts
Send your resume along to firstname.lastname@example.org