Chicory is a technology company based in NYC that uses artificial intelligence to create digital grocery experiences. In 2014, Chicory launched its core product, the "Get Ingredients" button, which allows consumers to get to online recipe ingredients delivered from various grocers and retailers. Within two years, Chicory added over 1,000 recipe partners and became the largest shoppable recipe network in the country. They launched an advertising platform in 2016, leveraging their network to help food brands reach consumers who are in-market for grocery and CPG products. Today, Chicory reaches approximately 65 million unique monthly users and has partnered with companies like Peapod, Time Inc. and General Mills International to lay the groundwork for the future of grocery. To learn more, please visit https://chicory.co/
About the Role
Chicory is seeking a full time Communications Manager who will work as an integral part of a collaborative marketing team. As employee #11, at a fast-paced and growing startup, this role will be key in growing Chicory’s audiences, servicing our existing audiences, and aiding in creating demand for Chicory’s products.
This is a great opportunity to join a digital media tech startup and to make a lasting impact on the direction of a growing company.
- Work with Director of Marketing to determine strategy for social media accounts + execute tactics.
- Work with DoM and PR Consultant to execute PR strategy (distribute press releases, grow media list, coordinate announcement distribution, press clippings).
- Manage communications/marketing/editorial calendars for organization including announcements, product launches, senior staff speaking engagements, blog posts, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate marketing internship hiring and management.
- Execute email strategy, including consumer-facing announcements, blogger network newsletters and B2B newsletters.
- Maintenance of company's editorial and style guides, making adjustments as directed and communicatiNG changes effectively to staff.
- Additional writing, editing, and branding efforts as required.
- Strong writing skills.
- 2 - 4 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations.
- Experience with social media strategy for a brand (B2B a plus, but not required).
- Experience with mass email tools and best practices.
- Experience managing interns, apprentices or part-time workers.
- Organized, communicative and calm under pressure.
- Interest in working in a startup environment.
- Comfortable with setting own schedule and planning initiatives, given a broad directive.
- Strong project management skills.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com