Chicory is a technology company based in NYC that uses artificial intelligence to create digital grocery experiences. In 2014, Chicory launched its core product, the "Get Ingredients" button, which allows consumers to get to online recipe ingredients delivered from various grocers and retailers. Within two years, Chicory added over 1,000 recipe partners and became the largest shoppable recipe network in the country. They launched an advertising platform in 2016, leveraging their network to help food brands reach consumers who are in-market for grocery and CPG products. Today, Chicory reaches approximately 80 million unique monthly users and has partnered with companies like Peapod, Time Inc. and General Mills International to lay the groundwork for the future of grocery. To learn more, please visit https://chicory.co/
About The Role
This is a high-intensity, "full funnel" sales role at a startup. As an early-stage employee, you will be working closely with the founders, sales, marketing, and client services teams in a small team setting.
Within Chicory you will be responsible for all aspects of the sales process from cold-calling to closing deals and signing IOs.
The ideal candidate is passionate, intellectually curious, consultative, and has a true hunter mindset to close new business and break into new accounts.
The role is around 100% new business and directly contributes to the goals and growth of Chicory.
- Prospect for clients, pitch new business and generate sales
- Hit or exceed monthly/quarterly sales targets
- Create long-lasting relationships with agencies and clients
- Work alongside other account executives to close deals
- Work alongside other departments including marketing, client services, and engineering to drive client success + innovation for company
- 1-5 years in digital/online media sales experience
- Comprehensive understanding of digital advertising
- Ability to come up with a detailed sales strategy (setting targets for emails, cold calls, leads generated, etc.)
- Ability to maintain own work-flow and meet deadlines
- A good understanding of and experience with selling digital media campaigns
- Experience in account management and work to creating client presentations
- Experience negotiating, structuring, and closing complex, six-figure insertion orders
- Ability to understand complex technologies and convey it in an easy-to-understand manner
- Contacts in Food/CPG is a plus
- Rolodex of CPG (brand-direct and agency) contacts
- Understanding of shopper marketing
Send your resume along to firstname.lastname@example.org